This road trip was up to Sweet Home, Oregon. Andy's mom's side of the family has their annual family reunion at a summer camp. Yeh, A summer camp. How cool is that?!?! I have been 4 or 5 times to the reunion since we have met. This reunion was going to be a little better. Andy's cousin, Christopher was going to be married at the camp! Christopher and his beloved, Thea, wanted a simple outdoor wedding and reception, and it was awesome! But lemme start with the trip up.............
We left at 3am on July 4th. Andy's middle brother, Matt, drove up from Oakland on the 3rd and he was going to ride up with us. We left at 3 instead of 2 because the drive wasn't going to be as long, but we didn't want to hit crazy traffic either. The kids were great, and Uncle Matt helped fend off any criers since he was in the back seat and could entertain them with songs, books, and all distractions I had packed.
We stopped off in either Yreka or Medford. I honestly can't remember! It was probably Yreka. As usual we are a party when we eat out in the morning. Kids in their pajamas, I order coffee for Andy, we take turns eating breakfast and then I get to take each kid into the bathroom and change them into clothes.
Sweet Home, is just east of Brownsville, which is just north of Eugene, and south of Albany. Andy has tons of cousin's and aunts and uncles that live in Brownsville. The camp is used every summer as a normal summer camp. The camp is closed during the 4th of July so Andy's family rent's that time out every year. It works our perfectly. All the families stay in cabin's, we take turns making breakfast and dinner (lunch is a free for all) in the chow hall, there is a pool, sandbox, campfire with seating, and a dinner bell! It takes me back to my times of going to summer camp as a kid.
Friday was the big wedding. I am just going to post all the pics I have. Andy's mom, his Aunt Terri, and Aunt Veronica (Christopher's mom) and myself, did the food. I can't take any credit. I only made a pasta salad. But the food was delicious. All home made.
Right in the middle there is my pasta salad. Haha! It pales in comparison to all the yummy food that was made.
Christopher and Thea took off for a 3 week honeymoon to England, Scotland and Wales. Andy and I are extremely jealous. The kids had fun playing in the sand box, going for a walk in the forest, petting doggies, eating not their normal diet of vegetables, cuddling with Great Aunt's and Great Uncle's, seeing fireworks, and most of all, spending time with their family they don't see as often.
We left on Saturday afternoon. We stopped off in Eugene at 5 Guys, which we don't have, and it was delish! We took our time driving home, stopped off at a rest stop where I changed their diapers in the grassy area. I felt a little whiskey tango doing so, but whatever. We got home waaay past their bed time, and they happily went to sleep. They slept in the next morning where they got a much needed bath.



















No comments:
Post a Comment