The Parent Trap

.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello.............is it me you're looking for??

So, it's the last day of July and I have a TON of stuff to write. But it is going to have to wait.  I have lots of pictures to unload and we are finally back in a routine.  We were gone from July 4-19th, with a few days in between we were home, but just doing laundry. Then we all got really sick (puking sick) and I HAVE to clean my kitchen floors. They are disgusting. But I will leave you with some kiddo updates.

Crunky- This is what Verona says when something is crunchy. She can't say crunky.  Bites into a chip "Mommy, this is crunky". I laugh so hard every time. It's like living with a tiny Lil' Jon.

Alright/Sure- You ask Trent if he wants something, 'Trent, do you want me to read this book?" Sure. Trent, can you drink your milk? Alright. 

Poppins!!!!- When we were sick, we introduced Mary Poppins to them. We watched Mary Poppins 4 times over a weekend. Some observations from the kids " He is dirty" (All chimney sweeps) POPPINS! (every time Mary Poppins came on the screen).  "He/She Sad!" Any time Jane or Michael cried or anyone else for that matter cried.  Now it is almost a daily request, POPPINS. Last night, Trent did the sign for MORE, and kept saying and doing the sign, More Poppins, More Poppins, More Poppins.  Man I hate to disappoint.

Panties.- I wish I could remember which of my friends hates this word, but Verona LOVES it.  I let her get some toddler training pants, and now it's all "I need panties, I go poo in my panties, Daddy I have pantes" Lest you think she is potty trained she is not.  But she LOVES her some panties.

Meat Mush- Trent used to eat everything.  It was awesome. Now, not so much.  He likes his meat formed. Think meatloaf and meatballs.  I shredded some chicken and hit it in a quesadilla so I won that day. A usual meal goes like this. Veggie, Meat, Carb. Trent, will eat ONLY the veggie and Carb.Verona will eat ONLY the Meat and Carb.  They never eat the same thing, it's always opposite. Too bad for them, it's one meal to rule them all. 

Words- Verona is having a pronunciation issue with a few words.  When we sing Ring around the rosies, Ashes becomes Asses.  And Ducks no longer say quack, they say buck, but it starts with an F.  Yeh, that was crazy.  We no longer ask what ducks say in our house.  We skip the ducks.  Trenton is not speaking English as much as Verona. He has his own language that only he and Verona can understand. But he will start singing a song randomly.  When changing his diaper, he busted out Where is Thumbkin. 

I hope to get our summer adventure up soon-ish. Until, then..................
Our Pool/water feature/fountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment