The Parent Trap

.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

McDonald's............ugh

We got up at 1:30 to leave and my stomach wasn't feeling top notch.  I pushed through and we left.  We were needing a place to feed the kids and change them so we stopped at a McDonald's, I don't even know where because I was so sick to my stomach I didn't even care.  We don't' eat at McDonald's. I read Fast Food Nation 10 years ago and was turned off.  Blech.  But we stopped.  And we let the kids eat there. Lest you think I am going to allow them to put whatever junk in them you are wrong. They had oatmeal. And they sorta liked it, except it was too watery.  I was feeling better and against my better judgement, Andy had won a free breakfast sandwhich (Monopoly was going on) so I got a Sausage Biscuit with Egg.  It was free.  Oh man, my body hated me.

For the rest of the drive home all I could do was moan, shut my eyes, and hope that I wouldn't' puke. I wanted to so bad, but we were driving and I knew it would slow us down. I kept putting Sesame Street on for the kids to watch and feeding them animal crackers and what ever else I had to make them be quiet since I was feeling so sick.  We got home around 10:40 and I went straight to bed after bring a kid inside. I don't even know what kid I brought in, that's how sick I was.  Andy was amazing, and un packed the car, fed the kids, played with them while I wallowed in bed, finally getting sick.  I felt much better.

But Saturday rolled around, and then Andy was sick and throwing up. Then Verona.  I had forgotten that one night in Solvang Trent had thrown up.  But he was fine so I didn't think anything of it.  What ever came through our house was terrible.  Andy and I put Mary Poppins on and hoped the kids could make their own dinner and survive.

We were bummed about getting sick. We had all these awesome plans for the weekend since we had gotten home so early on a Friday. We had to miss a bbq with Rick and Steph, yard work, (our lawn hasn't been mowed in 2-3 weeks, I lost count), pool time with the kids, you name it. 

It took me until Monday night to start feeling back to normal.  Then there was a mountain of laundry to do and the house was a mess. Being sick sucks. 

So the lesson was, if you don't feel good, DO NOT EAT McDonald's!!!!! 

Here are the kids all chipper and happy, while mom and dad were down for the count in our bed.







No comments:

Post a Comment