The Parent Trap

.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 3: Father's Day

So the kids slept until almost 8:30 which meant Andy got to sleep in. The kid's slept in our room which is usually a nightmare because they make such weird noises when they sleep. You are probably going to think my mom is crazy.

After hosting the rehearsal dinner at their house on Friday, having a wedding and reception on Saturday, she decided to throw a Father's Day Brunch on Sunday!!  It was so great to have my Aunt Judi (mom's sister) her husband, Uncle Randy, their three kids: Ben and his wife Adrianne, and their two kiddo's Ava who was  flower girl and Wyatt, Sarah and her husband Kris and their two kids Dominic who was a ring bearer and baby Helena, and Rachel was there with her son Tyson. And Stacy's parents, Russ and Jerri, her sister Jaime, plus our family of 4 and then my parents of course and Adam and Stacy.

We all put our suits on to get in the pool which was freeeeeezing!!  My dad said the heater was on, but it was not warm. Verona was having a great time jumping into my arms and Trent was loving just being swung up and down by Andy.

After we said our good bye's to my Aunt and Uncle and cousin's we put the kids down for nap, and Andy and I went out to a late lunch to celebrate. We don't have a Red Robin in Chico. The nearest one is almost an hour away.  We love Red Robin.  I have never had a bad meal there since I was a kid.  Maybe because it's a Washington original chain? ; )  I did splurge and get this Blue Moon Cocktail. It was ok. The "cup" it came in was cooler and Andy convinced me it was a souvenier cup so I took it home.  Oops.


I now keep the cup in the freezer and put all my cocktails in it. I am a little dorky.

For dinner, we kept it small.  Just Stacy's parents and sister, and then my parents, Adam of course, and the 4 of us.  It was nice and relaxing. 

For gifts I of course had been stalking Pinterest.  I finally found the cutest gift for Andy.  A quart size Mason jar filled with Reece's Pieces and a little tag that said "Daddy, we love you to pieces!"  Andy was also spoiled with a new golf shirt (it's for work, he doesn't golf) from me and a certificate for a float from a spa in town. from the twinadoes.  Pretty sure Andy had a great day and we love him for all that he does for not just us as a family, but for the great good of the health of people as a health inspector.

No comments:

Post a Comment