Anyways, I was excited to get out of the house and get pampered for a few hours. My appointment was at Stacy and Adam's house, but it was Stacy, her parents and her sister staying there. It was nice to spend time with my new sister to be that morning. I was also excited to get my makeup done. I didn't even have someone do my makeup for my own wedding. I am what one would call a "low maintenance" woman. It was awesome. Much thanks to Stacy's mom for treating all of us to have our make up done. After I was all done it was time to head home and see what hell had taken over. The twins were getting their bath thank goodness and Adam was relaxed. We spent the rest of the morning just hanging out. Asking Adam if he was nervous, reminding him to eat lunch, etc. Adam had given all of the groomsmen a flask with a monogram of their initials on it. Andy didnt' own a flask at all. He promptly filled it with vodka and put it in his coat pocket to make sure Adam stayed calm. ; )
Trent all dressed up playing in my parents basement.
After we ate lunch and all got dressed we headed to the church for pictures. Adam and Stacy wrote personal vows, and had this great set up. It was them, their parents, and Stacy's grandmother all in the chapel and they said their personal vows to each other in there so that way they could have the traditional vows said in the church where everyone would be present. I thought it was a sweet idea.
So we went outside for few pictures and of course the kids were not down with that. Here are a couple.
This may have been the best of the bunch. The one above you can see Trent has his Buzz Lightyear with him.
The ceremony was beautiful. Trent walked down the aisle with Andy holding him and Verona made it down while holding onto Tyson's hand. We were relieved. I had put 2 backpacks (one on each of our sides) under the front pew that held snacks, books, toys, etc. Some how they both got lured away to my cousins with promises of cookies. I was so relaxed and able to enjoy watching my brother get married. I held it together pretty well, until they came down during the sign of peace and gave hugs. At this point they were married and just giving my brother the biggest hug and telling him how proud I was put me over the edge. THEN having my NEW SISTER give me a hug and finally being able to say, my sister, sent me down the trail of tears. I was so happy For the processional, Andy and I were the last ones to walk up the aisle for the wedding party. I asked him if he knew where the kids were and he looked at me and said, I though you knew. HA HA HA!! Luckily they were at the end of the main aisle waiting for us.
After leaving the church, we headed out to the reception. They didn't have a nap,and Verona through an EPIC tantrum because we wouldn't give her any bubbles, after she had already DRANK some bubbles. Toddlers are so unreasonable.
The reception was awesome. Stacy had one of her teach friends and her daughter set up in a room with a tv, couches, and play area where we could leave the kids. And we did. We picked them up when the dancing started and boy do our kids LOVE to dance.
The kids were still going strong at 9:15. Waaay past their bedtime. We got them in the van and headed back to my parents. And were shocked when they DIDN'T fall asleep in the car ride home. They finally fell asleep around 9:45 almost 10 and slept until 8:30 the next morning. We had such a great time with all my family celebrating the wedding of Adam and Stacy.








No comments:
Post a Comment