The Parent Trap

.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 1: Day Tripper

We had made this plan to be up and on the road by 2:00 a.m.  Yeh.  We were up and on the road by 1:50 a.m.  Verona fell asleep around 2:40 and slept until 5:35 or so. Trent stayed awake, but was quite until 4:30-4:55.  Then they were up for the rest of the trip.  We stopped in La Pine, Or for breakfast and then kept on our way. I didn't drive one single mile the way up.  I packed the entire van the day before, organized all the snacks, toys, diapers, etc.  I am a master traveler. I even had a sheet of paper that listed each rest area along HWY 97 in Oregon and what milepost it was.  After breakfast, it was lots of Sesame Street and Curious George to keep them happy. We stopped at the Maryhill State Park across the river from Biggs Junction to just let them run around.  We arrive in Yakima at 12:15 p.m.  I think that's pretty good, with 2 stops, and one of those a meal with kids at 6:45 a.m. 

We were exhausted though.  As soon as we got to my parents, Andy had to to with Adam and the rest of the groomsmen and pick up their tuxes.  Then it was time for all of us to get dressed and cleaned up to head to the rehearsal. 

Oh boy. The rehearsal was scary for us.  The kids were running every where, wouldn't' listen, etc. A pure nightmare. We couldn't rely on my parents to watch them during the ceremony because DUH, my brother was the one getting married.  So I talked with some of my cousins and just hoped they would be able to corral them during the ceremony.  Andy and I were able to get Verona to walk down the aisle with her 2nd cousin so that was a success. 

The rehearsal dinner was at my parent's house in their back yard. It was beautiful. Tents, nice table and chairs, table clothes, cloth napkins, (can you tell we don't' get out much?) and rose petals in the pool.  It was all catered and it was delicious.  It was  tiny bit stressful since there was no pool cover on and the kids are fearless and like to run and explore EVERYTHING.  Typical 2 year olds. After we put them down for bed we were able to enjoy seeing family.

If you can believe it, I didn't take any pictures of our drive up at all.   Here is a pic from the rehearsal of Verona walking down with Tyson her cousin, and one of the other flower girls.


Sorry for the "straight to the point" writing on this day. It's been a LOOOOONG day here with rain and cloudy and windy weather and it has taken my energy and spunk out of me.  I promise to make all the other days better. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment