The Parent Trap

.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Valentine's Day and Bows

Ever since I was a little girl, we are talking 5-6 years old I have loved Valentine's Day.  My mom would decorate the house with hearts and decorations every year.  The big deal was to pick out a special decoration from her box and put it on our bedroom door. Then we would take turns taping up decorations all over, but the best were the three large windows in our living room.  You wanted the decorations to match or be similar and be taped at the same height.

February is a very busy month for us. You have Valentine's Day on  the 14th, my Dad's birthday on the 15th, my birthday on the 23rd and Andy's brother Paul, his birthday is the 27th!

This year for Valentine's Day ( I can't call it VD, memories of 9th grade health class keep popping up) I left the kids in their pajamas, and we went to Krispy Kreme at 7 in the morning.  I got up early and showered, but they were too cute plus cleanup would be a breeze.





How adorable are they in those silly hats? People were staring at us the entire time. I mean, what mother takes her kids in their pajamas to Krispy Kreme at 7 in the morning for donuts and milk?? Apparently this mom! Notice I said milk and not Chocolate Milk? Give me some credit!



As usual I was scanning Pinterest for ideas to make a Valentine's Day dessert.  And in true Pinterest style I mucked it up. In my defense, I couldn't find a good frosting. Behold, my heart-shaped disasters. The kids didn't' mind though. 

Andy and I had a day date: to buy a van. I know.  But, I have been wanting a van since we knew were having twins.  We both made fun of them, even though our parent's had one when we were growing up. I have a friend, Eric, he purposely bought a red dodge caravan, early 90's when he was single. It was called the Shaggin' Wagon.  And we had FUN riding in it.  Granted we were all 22 at the time! So during our search Nana and  her sister, Aunt Terri were staying with us and baby sat thee kiddo's so we could find said van. Nana found the most adorable bows for Verona! I had been dragging my feet on getting stuff for her hair, frankly because she has a mullet. Nana was the perfect person to get V her first hair bows!


We only went to 2 places and found our van! It is a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country.  It's pretty nice and fun to use. What cracked us up was that it is the exact same van, down to the color that my parent's rented when we all went to Kauai when I was pregnant.  I kept checking it out, fiddling with the seats. And I drove it at night (sober driver) so I got to know the lights and controls.  This is our first time owning a non-Toyota.  We will see.  So far so good!





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I didn't know you guys got a van!!! I'm sure it will make road trips much easier with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete