The Parent Trap

.

Monday, March 4, 2013

January-2nd Birthday!

The twins' birthday is exactly 14 days from Christmas. Although the goal was for them to be born at the end of January or beginning of February (my due date was 2/19), Trent had other plans. So, alas, they have a birthday right after Christmas.  So far, it has been awesome for them. Family, friends, and gifts right after Family, friends and gifts.  I sorta hope I can convince them to do a birthday party with friends during the summer.

This year, the theme was Sesame Street, with a heavy emphasis on Elmo and Cookie Monster.  I found this idea on Pinterest(you can shoot me later). However the lady was using all kinds of fancy tools. My mom had recently let me borrow(read: I am keeping them even if she said borrow) all of her scrap booking scissors. I found a pair that looked like "fur" when cut. I got some cardstock/scrapbooking paper on sale, plus a coupon at Michael's. I fold the paper "hamburger style" and used my 1 cup measuring cup to draw a circle on the paper. Cut around the lines, leaving the folded over part un cut at the top.  I looked for any small circle items around the house. I used a shot glass for the white parts of the eyes, and I bought, with a coupon, a large hold punch to make the black part of the eyes and Elmo's nose.  I then used a 1/2 cup measurer, to draw a cirlce, cut 1/4 of the circle off and I made the mouths! The paper, whole punch, and the one stinking stick of glue I bought cost me $8.59.  Woot!

Andy does a wicked version of Cookie Monster so I got him a t-shirt to wear.  The kid's had Elmo shirts, and I had ordered a shirt that didn't come on time. I was royally bummed. Instead I wore a black shirt and this headband that has sequins and a feather on it and called myself "Mommy Monster". 


The day before the party I was baking the cupcakes and Verona was being very quiet. Always cause for concern. I found her sneaking an unfrosted cupcake.

Their party was great fun. Family and Friends came and they were spoiled. Here is the spread.





Once again, Pinterest helped me out. The punch was called Rubber Ducky Punch. They love "Ewnie" so this was for him. The cupcakes was a trial and error. About 6 weeks before the party I started experimenting with flavors and different frosting tips. I sent out pics to family for advice for the best looking one.  The Elmo cupcakes are a strawberry cake, with a strawberry frosting. I got white melting discs for the white part of the eyes, I used chocolate chips for the dark part, I cut Oreo Cookies in half for Elmo's mouth, a Chip's A'hoy for Cookie's mouth, and Tangerine Jelly Bell for Elmo's nose.





Getting them to sit for a picture together is pretty much impossible.  This was the exact same scene last year. Trenton was crying. Ol well. 












They LOVE sweets.  So much so that Verona now states every day"I need a cookie". I feel the same way.









They loved their Elmo and Cookie Monster Backpacks. The funniest gift was the T-Pain microphone voice changer. Pretty sure the adults were having more fun the the kids.

They had a great time! I can't wait to see what they are into when they turn 3! They are growing up so fast...........thank goodness! Time for them to learn some chores and help out around the house! I kid, sorta   :  )







No comments:

Post a Comment