The Parent Trap

.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Road trip, sorta, kinda

The weekend after the Super Bowl (we won't talk about that here) I had a baby sprinkle( subdued shower for the 2nd baby) to go to in Sacramento. Rather then just me going by myself down there we made a family weekend out of it.  We  met Andy's mom, and switched cars and she and Andy took the kiddo's to Fairy Tale Town.  While they were out, I was able to spend a few hours with one of my favorites, my dear friend Melissa.  She just had her baby GIRL last week.  Melissa is a ray of sunshine during a big storm and has the heart and kindness that can out do many.  I had a great time seeing her and catching up with her BFF Jen who moved from Connecticut to Walnut Creek. I met Melissa in Germany back in 2001 and Jen came over to travel and meet up with Melissa.  It was great seeing Jen again.

Now back at Fairy Tale Town, fun was being had by all.  I unfortch do not have the pictures. Andy does. But I have seen them and the kids LOVED it! Nana was all smiles watching them and got into one of the toys with the twins, and some other little girls. It was very cute.  We met back up at Nana's place and got ready for dinner. But where to eat? Andy and I , without even speaking to each other, said the exact same restaurant at the same time.  The Old Spaghetti Factory!  Neither one of us could remember the last time we had been there, and Nana lives very close.  Our favorite OSF is the one in Tacoma, but I have a soft spot for the one in Seattle. 




It figures the only pictures I have of them is eating Spumoni. 

After we had spread spaghetti all over the floor we headed back to Nana's.  They got to have a bath some where new and spend the night in Nana's room.  They were so unsure they kept climbing out of their pack'n'play's to come visit us! We were spoiled with a yummy breakfast, and the best sourdough in a long time!  Thanks for letting us "discover" your place Nana!

1 comment:

  1. SO much fun finally catching up on your blog! LOVE the b-day pics, great job on the cupcakes-seriously impressive:)You're too sweet- thanks for the shout-out on this post- SO happy you were able to be there that Sat. Hope to see you 4 soon and can't wait for you to meet Kate:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete