I don't have any pictures from our 7th wedding anniversary. Mainly because I was home with the kids during the day and Andy was working. But, Andy's mom had the week off from school so she drove up for the night so we could go out to dinner.
Chico is a smallish city. But we have tons of restaurants, and not just crap places. We have some of the best restaurants in the North State. Andy and I went to 5th Street Steak House. I have been to this place, counting on one hand. It's very nice, and very good food and the drinks are some of the best in town.
Andy really surprised me this year. Since I am no longer working retail, I would be having my first Holiday season free for the first time since 2002. Yeh. I spent 9 years being Bah Humbug about the Holiday Season. But 2012 was my year. I was hinting that I REALLY REALLY wanted to go to my parents' house for Christmas. We hadn't been there since 2006 and this was the best opportunity to go. He gave me some lame excuses about not having enough vacation time and we couldn't go, yada yada.
But at dinner that night, he gave me a card that had a flight itinerary in it. I was confused. I didn't look at the dates, but where the flights were to. It said PDX. Hmm, I thought, a weekend away, but Portland? We lived outside of Portland for 18 months and it wasn't my first choice for a "getaway". Then I looked at the dates: Dec-21 thru Dec 31. Ummm, that's Christmas. So I asked if were going to Yakima for Christmas, and he said yes. I lost it right there. I started crying and was so excited. He pulled the biggest surprise on me and gave me the best anniversary gift ever!
So I, of course, let him choose the movie that night. "Looper". I spent more time trying to figure out if I liked Joseph Gordon Leavitt with or without the prosthetics he wore.
At least I have 8 months to figure out how to top him for our 8th anniversary.
No comments:
Post a Comment