The Parent Trap

.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

November

I had to look through pictures to see what November was all about. 

My parents left on the 3rd after a week with us.  It's nice to be able to leave the house alone and get errands done. I always forget out enjoyable it is to get in and out so quickly!

The first full week of November was a busy one. There was the presidential election of course on Tuesday.  I don't want to give away any spoilers, but my candidate did not lose. Shhh.

Andy as in Sacramento for a conference from Monday-Thursday.  The kids and I came down Wednesday night and stayed with him.  Andy and I had never stayed in hotel room with the kids before. I lied. We did. Twice! Once at Easter 2011 when they were almost 4 months old and June 2011 when they were almost 6 months old. But at that age, they weren't going to be at 7 yet so it was ok.

Not this time. After we had them in their pack'n'plays at 7 we were left to lie in bed, quietly, no TV, lights, nothing. How could we be so silly? While they slept, we lied there and texted each other. Romantic, no? Note to self, book a suite in the future, or be prepared to go to bed at 7 at night.

The next day we took them to the Sacramento Children's Museum. We had a BLAST! There is nothing like that in Chico.  I wish there was!




Andy likes to get inventive at breakfast.  This isnt' the first time he has made something out of the letters V and T.




This was the first year I was free on the day after Thanksgiving.  Unless you have been living under a rock. the "day after" is it's own holiday now. In the retail world, it's referred to as Black Friday. I won't bore you with the history of the name Black Friday. That's what Google and Wikipedia are for!
I haven't been off from the day after since 2002.  This year we got out of town, I spent $2.44 on the day after, I slept in, and enjoyed the day.

We went to Tehachapi down in Southernish Calfornia. I say "ish" because to me it's more mid-California.  Andy's aunt lives there and we had the best time.
We ate like royalty, explored the town, played at parks, ran her poor doggy ragged, and slept. It was great!


































The last picture sums up Trenton.  He LOVED the doggie door.  Andy would get on the other side and when Trent would peek in Andy would grab his arm and tickle him We have a doggie/cat door from our laundry room to our garage, I may need to figure out how to open it and let Trent play.

We were sad to go.  The weather was perfect. The food oh so delicious, and it was nice to not have to get up and the crack of dawn, literally, and go to work. One year I had to be at work at 3 in the morning. Ugh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment