The Parent Trap

.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Prankster!

My dad is a HUGE prankster.  He has been playing on me since I was  kid.  From the "snake" in an envelope. This one involved a coin with a hole in it, 2 paperclips, and a  long rubberband. Scared the crap out of me as a 9 year old. So much, that I STILL HAVE THE PRANK in my desk at my parents house.

Here is a list of his best pranks:

1. Dona Forgetabutus. When Andy and I became engaged, I was still living at home.  I received a letter in the mail from a county office stating that I had to take a special class because I was marrying someone from outside Washington State, and had to pay a $150 fee for the class. I was freaking out! I mean, there were these old rumors of blood tests when you applied for a marriage certificate, so I didn't' know, maybe there was a class! It was signed from a Dona Forgetabutus.  I wasn't getting it.  When my dad got home from work, I told him about the letter. It was typed, signed, mailed, and on official letterhead and had an official county envelope. (My dad worked for the county for over 34 years).  He kept asking my who it was from. I kept saying the name over and over. He finally said say it slowly, Dona (Don't) Forgetabutus (Forget about us) I was dying. Such an awesome prank.

2. Deep Forest.  In the early 90's there was this electronica band, called Deep Forest. Here is a sample of their music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPsS4-Dsxg

Dad was REALLY into them. Had multiple tapes and listened to them all the time. In this video the voices/singing our high pitched. My dad told me that this band was actually a couple guys who had gone to Africa and recorded African Pygmy's chants and singing, and incorporated it into their music.  I was floored. How amazing!!!!!  I told everyone I knew for the next 20 YEARS this fact!!!! 20 years!!!!!!!!!!! No one corrected me. Probably because they were in on the joke, or they didn't know and went along with me.  Then I met Andy, told him how much I like Deep Forest, dropped my Deep Forest fun facts on him, and he laughed in my face. He told me the truth. I was crushed. I mean, this had been going on forever. I called my dad and told him I found out that Deep Forest was not actually African Pygmy's. He just howled with laughter that after all these years I still believed that. Well played dad, well played.

3. Reverse Psychology.  I hated lettuce on my sandwich as a child. Nothing worse then opening up your lunch, which has been sitting in your backpack all warm and taking the first bite, only to find a slimy piece of ice berg lettuce attached to the roof of your mouth. YUCK! In first grade I always peeled the lettuce off, and threw it away, and resumed eating my sandwich.  One day I came home from school, and that evening my dad said to me " Why didn't you eat your lettuce on your sandwich?" I was floored. HOW DID HE KNOW??????  I was pissed. I went to my best friend Jennifer, who also happened to live 3 houses down why she told on me.  She swore she never said a word.  For the next 11 years, I never figured it out.  Finally on the day I graduated HS, my dad told me. He used reverse psychology on me because he KNEW I hated lettuce on my sandwich and probably always took it off. Sneaky dad!! To this day, I don't really care for lettuce, of any kind, on my sandwich, unless it is cold. 

This leads me to the prank my dad pulled on our neighbor/friend Steph. Steph is married to Rick, who was best man in our wedding, and Andy was best man in their wedding. Back in January my parents were visiting and my dad decided, all on his own, to prank Steph.  This is the note he left on her truck on a Monday night.

There are many
leaves on your lawn
& driveway. The Neighborhood
would be appreciative if
you would remove them.
Thanks.
(Smiley Face)
 
Steph didn't find it until Tuesday evening when she and Rick went to leave to go out to dinner.  She freaked the EFF out.  HAHA!!  She thought it was girl hand writing due to the smiley face.  I won't go into details, but the note drove her crazy and pissed her off.  She finally texted me, hours later, and asked if I had left a note on her truck. I told her no, but my dad did. Comedy ensued.  She has been planning her revenge ever since.  That revenge happened on the Monday we went to the pumpkin patch.  Steph  has a key to our house, mainly because I am an idiot, and forget to lock doors sometimes, and when we go on vacay she sends their son over to make sure our house is ok . This is what happened while we were gone:




 My dad loves scotch.  He had a bottle he brought with him, not to mention the one we keep in the house. 
 The first clue was found on the back of a frame we have from when Andy and I went to the Eiffel Tower.



This hint was in our butch block.

 


 And finally in our guest bathroom was the final note!

BWHAHAHAHA!!  We were dying.  Andy had fallen asleep,the kids were napping, so it was my parents and I doing this "scavenger hunt". The red sauce is Siracha.  I wasn't sure what it was, it smelled spicy though!

Steph out did her self.  This was the best prank that I think has ever been played on my dad.  He is still talking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment