On Halloween, the down town businesses get together and partner with the local Rotary club to do Treat Street. We have done this every year since they were born. Treat street allows kids to trick-or-treat during the day with their families at local businesses. It is super fun. Some business choose not to participate, luckily, we don't' patron those places because they tend to be snobby anyways. Rotary members put on vests and run the cross walks so it is pretty safe. The downtown plaza has music playing and does a costume contest. Andy was working, so my parents and I got the kids dressed and headed down town. We found an awesome parking spot (that never happens), and were there for an hour and it was perfect.
I asked Trent if he wanted to walk or ride in a stroller. He asked for the stroller. Ha ha. Made it easy for us. Verona refused to wear her cape, and would not take off her mask ever. Finding Miss Chico and Miss Runner up Chico (?) was her highlight.
After we got done, went home put them down for a nap, and then we got ready for Halloween. Andy and I LOVE Halloween. Andy, myself, my mom, his brother Matt, and his Dad came with us to Trick-or Treat, while my dad and Heather, Matt's GF stayed behind to hand out Candy. The very fist house they ever trick-or-treated at was at Rick and Steph's. I did that on purpose, they are our best friends and neighbors and the kids knew them so they wouldn't' get too freaked out.
The weather was nice enough that we all hung out on our porch,drank beers, and I handed out candy to kids. It was fun all of us together, laughing, joking, checkout out costumes.
We have this window next to our front door, I have to put the curtain up because the kids love to stand there and look out.
Steph had 2 costumes that night! She was Daenerys
from Game of Thrones when we stopped by earlier, then she came over as Tinkerbell! Verona couldn't stop staring at her and loved her costume.
from Game of Thrones when we stopped by earlier, then she came over as Tinkerbell! Verona couldn't stop staring at her and loved her costume.
I pickedup these masks at a local party store. The kids' costumes were made by my mom. I went all out last year, but wanted something they could keep wearing since they love dressing up. I found this pattern for capes and after buying all the fabric, I sent it to my mom to have her make it. HA! Trenton's cape is Gold witha football on the back, and the other side is Red, with a Gold T, colors of the 49ers! V's cape is purple, with a bejeweled crown on one side, and pink with a Purple V on the other. Trent was a super hero 49ers fan, and V was "Ballerina Super hero princess" her words. Also, she loves unicorns, like, a lot. I wish I could say this is her only Unicorn shirt, but it's not.
Heather putting stickers on their fingernails.
Our neighbors did this cool thing with their car.
Bear, Heather's dog.
Trent with Grandpa Andy












No comments:
Post a Comment