The Parent Trap

.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Jelly and Jolly!

The day after Halloween the kiddo's went to the dentist. Terrible timing right? Not for us though.  We don't really let them eat candy, and if we do, it's once in a great awhile.  We had a dentist appointment,their very first one, back in April and it was terrible. Small waiting room, no toys, you could hear children screaming and crying, and the Dr. didn't even examine, he just glanced in there mouths, and said see you in 6 months. And this was a Pediatric Dentist!!!  I was not pleased.  But in the world of insurance, you have to wait exactly 6 months before you can get your next appointment if just for clearing and exam.

At the time, our insurance only covered one pediatric dentist, but starting in September I began to look to see if another was covered, and we were in luck, there was! Although it would end up being 7 months from the previous appointment, I wasn't too worried about their teeth health. They take fluoride drops every night and eat pretty healthy, don't suck thumbs, got rid of the pacifier at 11 months, and bottles at 12 months. 

Their Dr. couldn't stop saying how well behaved they were, how they sat there quietly, and followed the directions. I am sure they will lose their minds next visit. Their new dentist is just amazing. Patient, kind, friendly, informative. I was almost in tears with how awesome she was.  She seriously made the kids so relaxed and happy to be there. 



Verona as loving the cleaning. She wanted to do it herself. 




That afternoon my mom and I made grape jelly.  My dad had picked grapes, peeled them, juiced them, and had the juice in a container that they brought down so we could make jelly.  I haven't made jelly with my mom since I was in Camp Fire! 


Unfortunately, it didn't turn out.  Not sure if we didn't cook it long enough or what.  I'll take the blame. We had 24 jars, and only 8 of them got anything close to solid.  So, we put those in the freezer for freezer jelly. The rest, I had to dump. But it was fun.  Usually Andy and my mom make jelly or jam together, but this time I wanted to do it. 

The next day, Saturday, my parents left to head home.  We were so glad to spend so much time with them and the kiddo's were sad to see Oma and Opa go.  But, we know we will see them in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment