I put a TON of the kids' summer clothes from last year up on Craigslist to sell. Craigslist people are strange. You put a price up and they immediately try and talk you down. This was a text message conversation I got from one person:
"I can only offer $30 for both bags, you agree?"-Crazy CL person
"I do not agree. Sorry"- Me
But I did negotiate a bit more, and sold to the CL person!
Then today I got a call saying I won a raffle prize from the Children's Faire we went to on Saturday. I had my choice between a Banana costume or a pink dolly stroller. It was tough. I chose the stroller. The kids got one for Christmas but broke it after sitting in it. I figured this was their replacement.
And I started a new workout at the gym this week along with a new move. Sumo Squats. I look like an idiot, but love the burn! Plus, my yoga class I started up is amazing. I can definitely tell between my yoga and my Pilates classes I am waaay more flexible.
And then we are having a date night with Rick and Steph this weekend! I can't wait to spend time with other adults our age, SANS kids!
And today I felt like such a community person. We have a park in our neighborhood. I saw a flyer that someone from the park division was going to have a meeting to ask all neighbors how the park was working, etc. Since I received my degree in Recreation Management I couldn't wait! I was of course 15 minutes early, with the kids, and was so excited to talk to the guy about "our" park. 2 more people showed up. We all agreed that the shade situation (there is no shade) needs improvement. When it is 105 outside, every single day, there needs to be shade. I brought up picnic tables, we talked about spraying for weeds, bathrooms, mosquitoes, play equipment, and graffiti (we have none). Overall, I thought it went well and the kids were very good.
Overall, April is treating me and my family just right.
I couldn't resist. The picture on top is Trenton at 7 months. This was him at 2 years 1 month. He has really filled out in the face and all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment