These are kept on a high shelf where even I can barely reach.
Tables
They seem to find it very exciting to sit and stand under tables. Our dining room table has clasps to lock in the leaves(sp) for expansion. We are constantly getting them out, explaining "you'll hit your head, get out" then someone hits their head, cries, and the pity party is not too full of pity.
Couches/Chairs.
They can now climb up on the couches and chair. It freaked me out in the beginning because Verona would go to the edge and pretty much try and fall over. I would spend my time holing onto one ankle, while attempting to play with Trent. They both are so proud of themselves. But it also meant we had to find a new home for the remotes. And push things back on a side table.
Remotes:
No doubt, these are my children. Verona will pick a remote, point it at the TV and wait. Look at me like "why isn't Sesame Street on?" They seriously copy your every move. Our coffee table has drawers on the front of it that is pulled open by knobs. They were always pulling the drawers open and taking what we had in there(Kenny G and Nat Cole Christmas CD's, I know) So I took the knobs off and put the remotes in there. Now you have to reach under the drawer, pull out to get it open. Annoying.
Toilet: TMI!
I only recently started introducing them to the bathroom. As in, mama is going potty, you want to wander in and say hi. They go straight for the toilet paper. Figures. But they are very interested in flushing. I am waiting for them to start understand/saying poo. Like "Mama, I poo"
Kisses
I am quite the snuggler. Andy says it's a good thing I had twins so I always have someone to snuggle with. And boy do I have to work for it! Verona is my kisser. She does tend to linger though. And some times wets her lips before going in. Trent would rather blow you a kiss then give you one. And when he does give me a kiss, he tends to keep his mouth open and I have to explain this is not rural Arkansas. But for snuggling, Trent is KING! He happily lays down back to your chest and sits there like a lump of potatoes. I just have to put on Sesame Street to get him to do that. They are both so VERY VERY loving. We say "give love,give hugs" and they give each hugs and kisses. Verona even makes the "Mwah" sound when she kisses Trent. Trent's hugs for Verona are to say the least, massive. It is more of a running hug. He walks very fast to her, grabs her and keeps walking, causing him to fall on top of her where the hug continues and she cries for help.
Attachments:
They each have a "lovey". V has a Rabbit, we call Rabbit. And Trent has a frog we call Ribbit. Don't ever touch Ribbit. Ribbit always has sopping wet "hands". Trent sucks, chews on Ribbit during nap and bed. Gross. They each have a pig in their crib and V has a lamb and Trent a bunny. The goal with the stuffed animals is they will "play' with them to buy us a few minutes. Recently it has become a game of throw and catch. Blankets, lovey's and animals all over the place. Cribs, between cribs, floor, and one closet door is usually open so Verona can toss an animal into the closet. Verona is getting better and not being so attached to me. There were times I could even set her down without crying. She only wanted me and that was that. Even now, if Andy tells her no, she comes crying to me. Trent loves his dad. A few weeks ago, we went together to pick them up from daycare, I kneeled down, and Andy was standing up, Trent walked right past me with out looking at me and went to Andy. Ouch.
Food
There is not a food item that Trent doesn't like. He eats EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! If he doesn't eat it, usually it is texture. Verona how ever is picky. She won't eat most fruit. I can get her to eat bananas and grapes and mandarin oranges. She turned down pineapple and strawberries! They are both wonderful vegetable eaters. As a vegetable hater, I am trying to instill a love of veggies in them. EVERY meal( minus breakfast sometimes) has a a veggie. And they MUST eat in. Peas, Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion, peppers, potatoes, black beans, kidney beans, re-fried beans,and corn. They just had corn on the cob and didn't eat it in a normal matter, but still ate it. They love veggies. The only vegetable they won't eat is frozen green beans. I can't blame them. And they had Asparagus at Easter and loved it. (Andy and I hate asparagus, so they may never get this). And they like "fancy" cut green beans. We are trying to show them how to eat with a spoon. Ugh. With one baby I am sure it is soo easy. You can sit there and concentrate on ONE baby. With twins, you need to people, if not three! Verona has the spoon, we dip it into the oatmeal and I turn to help Trent, but alas, he is holding his spoon and uses his other hand to GRAB the oatmeal and eat that way. I then help him put the spoon in the oatmeal, knowing he will put the spoon to his mouth, turn to Verona who has now grabbed HER oatmeal with her other hand. After 5 minutes of this back and forth I give up and let them eat oatmeal with their hands. Take their shirts off and vow to never do this again. Until I decide to give them star pasta for dinner. NIGHTMARE!!! pasta the size of the diameter of a pencil eraser. ALL OVER THE PLACE!
Overall, they are keep us on our toes! The language skills are coming along nicely. They sign for please, more, and all done. We ask them to do something or not do something and they understand, but choose whether or not to follow our directions. The best is, give me a kiss and they oblige. The worst, is don't grab the lamp, get a sly smile and the lamp is shaken. But we roll with the punches. And they reward us by sleeping 12 hours every night. Can't complain about that. People always think we get no sleep. They started sleeping for at least 8 hours at 5 months old. I get a full 8 hours if not more every night. I feel bad for new moms who are told they will never sleep again. Meh. It's only for a few months of lack of sleep, but they you gain it all back. This post is super long and Verona is up and crying. Time to get bath time ready!!
The Parent Trap
.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
What does this do???
The twins are nearly 17 months old. And it is like corralling cats! They are into EVERYTHING! And since they are discovering new to them(boring and dangerous to us) they can not stop investigating. I will go by the people/places/items they love to get into.
Nipples.
Yes that's right nipples. Since the weather has become more warm, Andy has his shirt off. Verona discovered his nipples. Poor Andy. She flicks, grabs, twists, and pokes his nipples any chance she gets. We think the reason is because he has hair on his chest. She doesn't ever do this to Trent, but then again, Trent's nipples are smaller then a dime.
Tupperware.
This is a no brainer. All of our cupboards have child safety(read:adult curse enhancers) on them. Except the Tupperware one. Our Tupperware cupboard is only made more fantastic by the fact that my mom GAVE twins red Tupperware for Christmas. I have tiny 2 oz containers and large containers. Verona like to take the 2oz container, walk up to the fridge and raise her arm up to get water out. She's smart. She knows that is where drinking water comes from. We oblige, and she sips out 1/2 oz of water like we just made her day the best. Trent likes to put the large red containers on his head and walks around with it as a hat. The part they seem to like the best is when EVERY SINGLE PIECE of tupperware is out of the cupboard and strew around the entire house. I found a container under the couch. Several mixed in with toys, tossed over into the booze area. Every where. Luckily, we stopped using all this tupperware back in December when we switched to Pyrex Storage.
These are kept on a high shelf where even I can barely reach.
Tables
They seem to find it very exciting to sit and stand under tables. Our dining room table has clasps to lock in the leaves(sp) for expansion. We are constantly getting them out, explaining "you'll hit your head, get out" then someone hits their head, cries, and the pity party is not too full of pity.
Couches/Chairs.
They can now climb up on the couches and chair. It freaked me out in the beginning because Verona would go to the edge and pretty much try and fall over. I would spend my time holing onto one ankle, while attempting to play with Trent. They both are so proud of themselves. But it also meant we had to find a new home for the remotes. And push things back on a side table.
Remotes:
No doubt, these are my children. Verona will pick a remote, point it at the TV and wait. Look at me like "why isn't Sesame Street on?" They seriously copy your every move. Our coffee table has drawers on the front of it that is pulled open by knobs. They were always pulling the drawers open and taking what we had in there(Kenny G and Nat Cole Christmas CD's, I know) So I took the knobs off and put the remotes in there. Now you have to reach under the drawer, pull out to get it open. Annoying.
Toilet: TMI!
I only recently started introducing them to the bathroom. As in, mama is going potty, you want to wander in and say hi. They go straight for the toilet paper. Figures. But they are very interested in flushing. I am waiting for them to start understand/saying poo. Like "Mama, I poo"
Kisses
I am quite the snuggler. Andy says it's a good thing I had twins so I always have someone to snuggle with. And boy do I have to work for it! Verona is my kisser. She does tend to linger though. And some times wets her lips before going in. Trent would rather blow you a kiss then give you one. And when he does give me a kiss, he tends to keep his mouth open and I have to explain this is not rural Arkansas. But for snuggling, Trent is KING! He happily lays down back to your chest and sits there like a lump of potatoes. I just have to put on Sesame Street to get him to do that. They are both so VERY VERY loving. We say "give love,give hugs" and they give each hugs and kisses. Verona even makes the "Mwah" sound when she kisses Trent. Trent's hugs for Verona are to say the least, massive. It is more of a running hug. He walks very fast to her, grabs her and keeps walking, causing him to fall on top of her where the hug continues and she cries for help.
Attachments:
They each have a "lovey". V has a Rabbit, we call Rabbit. And Trent has a frog we call Ribbit. Don't ever touch Ribbit. Ribbit always has sopping wet "hands". Trent sucks, chews on Ribbit during nap and bed. Gross. They each have a pig in their crib and V has a lamb and Trent a bunny. The goal with the stuffed animals is they will "play' with them to buy us a few minutes. Recently it has become a game of throw and catch. Blankets, lovey's and animals all over the place. Cribs, between cribs, floor, and one closet door is usually open so Verona can toss an animal into the closet. Verona is getting better and not being so attached to me. There were times I could even set her down without crying. She only wanted me and that was that. Even now, if Andy tells her no, she comes crying to me. Trent loves his dad. A few weeks ago, we went together to pick them up from daycare, I kneeled down, and Andy was standing up, Trent walked right past me with out looking at me and went to Andy. Ouch.
Food
There is not a food item that Trent doesn't like. He eats EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! If he doesn't eat it, usually it is texture. Verona how ever is picky. She won't eat most fruit. I can get her to eat bananas and grapes and mandarin oranges. She turned down pineapple and strawberries! They are both wonderful vegetable eaters. As a vegetable hater, I am trying to instill a love of veggies in them. EVERY meal( minus breakfast sometimes) has a a veggie. And they MUST eat in. Peas, Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion, peppers, potatoes, black beans, kidney beans, re-fried beans,and corn. They just had corn on the cob and didn't eat it in a normal matter, but still ate it. They love veggies. The only vegetable they won't eat is frozen green beans. I can't blame them. And they had Asparagus at Easter and loved it. (Andy and I hate asparagus, so they may never get this). And they like "fancy" cut green beans. We are trying to show them how to eat with a spoon. Ugh. With one baby I am sure it is soo easy. You can sit there and concentrate on ONE baby. With twins, you need to people, if not three! Verona has the spoon, we dip it into the oatmeal and I turn to help Trent, but alas, he is holding his spoon and uses his other hand to GRAB the oatmeal and eat that way. I then help him put the spoon in the oatmeal, knowing he will put the spoon to his mouth, turn to Verona who has now grabbed HER oatmeal with her other hand. After 5 minutes of this back and forth I give up and let them eat oatmeal with their hands. Take their shirts off and vow to never do this again. Until I decide to give them star pasta for dinner. NIGHTMARE!!! pasta the size of the diameter of a pencil eraser. ALL OVER THE PLACE!
Overall, they are keep us on our toes! The language skills are coming along nicely. They sign for please, more, and all done. We ask them to do something or not do something and they understand, but choose whether or not to follow our directions. The best is, give me a kiss and they oblige. The worst, is don't grab the lamp, get a sly smile and the lamp is shaken. But we roll with the punches. And they reward us by sleeping 12 hours every night. Can't complain about that. People always think we get no sleep. They started sleeping for at least 8 hours at 5 months old. I get a full 8 hours if not more every night. I feel bad for new moms who are told they will never sleep again. Meh. It's only for a few months of lack of sleep, but they you gain it all back. This post is super long and Verona is up and crying. Time to get bath time ready!!
These are kept on a high shelf where even I can barely reach.
Tables
They seem to find it very exciting to sit and stand under tables. Our dining room table has clasps to lock in the leaves(sp) for expansion. We are constantly getting them out, explaining "you'll hit your head, get out" then someone hits their head, cries, and the pity party is not too full of pity.
Couches/Chairs.
They can now climb up on the couches and chair. It freaked me out in the beginning because Verona would go to the edge and pretty much try and fall over. I would spend my time holing onto one ankle, while attempting to play with Trent. They both are so proud of themselves. But it also meant we had to find a new home for the remotes. And push things back on a side table.
Remotes:
No doubt, these are my children. Verona will pick a remote, point it at the TV and wait. Look at me like "why isn't Sesame Street on?" They seriously copy your every move. Our coffee table has drawers on the front of it that is pulled open by knobs. They were always pulling the drawers open and taking what we had in there(Kenny G and Nat Cole Christmas CD's, I know) So I took the knobs off and put the remotes in there. Now you have to reach under the drawer, pull out to get it open. Annoying.
Toilet: TMI!
I only recently started introducing them to the bathroom. As in, mama is going potty, you want to wander in and say hi. They go straight for the toilet paper. Figures. But they are very interested in flushing. I am waiting for them to start understand/saying poo. Like "Mama, I poo"
Kisses
I am quite the snuggler. Andy says it's a good thing I had twins so I always have someone to snuggle with. And boy do I have to work for it! Verona is my kisser. She does tend to linger though. And some times wets her lips before going in. Trent would rather blow you a kiss then give you one. And when he does give me a kiss, he tends to keep his mouth open and I have to explain this is not rural Arkansas. But for snuggling, Trent is KING! He happily lays down back to your chest and sits there like a lump of potatoes. I just have to put on Sesame Street to get him to do that. They are both so VERY VERY loving. We say "give love,give hugs" and they give each hugs and kisses. Verona even makes the "Mwah" sound when she kisses Trent. Trent's hugs for Verona are to say the least, massive. It is more of a running hug. He walks very fast to her, grabs her and keeps walking, causing him to fall on top of her where the hug continues and she cries for help.
Attachments:
They each have a "lovey". V has a Rabbit, we call Rabbit. And Trent has a frog we call Ribbit. Don't ever touch Ribbit. Ribbit always has sopping wet "hands". Trent sucks, chews on Ribbit during nap and bed. Gross. They each have a pig in their crib and V has a lamb and Trent a bunny. The goal with the stuffed animals is they will "play' with them to buy us a few minutes. Recently it has become a game of throw and catch. Blankets, lovey's and animals all over the place. Cribs, between cribs, floor, and one closet door is usually open so Verona can toss an animal into the closet. Verona is getting better and not being so attached to me. There were times I could even set her down without crying. She only wanted me and that was that. Even now, if Andy tells her no, she comes crying to me. Trent loves his dad. A few weeks ago, we went together to pick them up from daycare, I kneeled down, and Andy was standing up, Trent walked right past me with out looking at me and went to Andy. Ouch.
Food
There is not a food item that Trent doesn't like. He eats EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! If he doesn't eat it, usually it is texture. Verona how ever is picky. She won't eat most fruit. I can get her to eat bananas and grapes and mandarin oranges. She turned down pineapple and strawberries! They are both wonderful vegetable eaters. As a vegetable hater, I am trying to instill a love of veggies in them. EVERY meal( minus breakfast sometimes) has a a veggie. And they MUST eat in. Peas, Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion, peppers, potatoes, black beans, kidney beans, re-fried beans,and corn. They just had corn on the cob and didn't eat it in a normal matter, but still ate it. They love veggies. The only vegetable they won't eat is frozen green beans. I can't blame them. And they had Asparagus at Easter and loved it. (Andy and I hate asparagus, so they may never get this). And they like "fancy" cut green beans. We are trying to show them how to eat with a spoon. Ugh. With one baby I am sure it is soo easy. You can sit there and concentrate on ONE baby. With twins, you need to people, if not three! Verona has the spoon, we dip it into the oatmeal and I turn to help Trent, but alas, he is holding his spoon and uses his other hand to GRAB the oatmeal and eat that way. I then help him put the spoon in the oatmeal, knowing he will put the spoon to his mouth, turn to Verona who has now grabbed HER oatmeal with her other hand. After 5 minutes of this back and forth I give up and let them eat oatmeal with their hands. Take their shirts off and vow to never do this again. Until I decide to give them star pasta for dinner. NIGHTMARE!!! pasta the size of the diameter of a pencil eraser. ALL OVER THE PLACE!
Overall, they are keep us on our toes! The language skills are coming along nicely. They sign for please, more, and all done. We ask them to do something or not do something and they understand, but choose whether or not to follow our directions. The best is, give me a kiss and they oblige. The worst, is don't grab the lamp, get a sly smile and the lamp is shaken. But we roll with the punches. And they reward us by sleeping 12 hours every night. Can't complain about that. People always think we get no sleep. They started sleeping for at least 8 hours at 5 months old. I get a full 8 hours if not more every night. I feel bad for new moms who are told they will never sleep again. Meh. It's only for a few months of lack of sleep, but they you gain it all back. This post is super long and Verona is up and crying. Time to get bath time ready!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment