These twins like to get attention. Mostly from us though. They don't wait for the paparazzi to sneak out of the bushes and take their pictures after just eating breakfast and having oatmeal and bananas stuck to their foreheads. When we leave them in the family room, we have the gate up and leave to go clean up after breakfast/lunch/dinenr, go to the restroom, make ourselves breakfast/lunch/dinner etc. They figured out a sneaky way to get our attention. They have a few toys that have balls, and they have some big bouncy balls. They carry said balls over to the gate, that looks into the tiled entry way. The then toss the balls, which makes a click clack noise. They wait for us to come out and give the balls back. If that doesn't work they get other toys: Little People, books, socks, shoes, straw cups, etc. Pretty soon the entry way is covered in toys. At least they don't cry.
I have turned the bottom of their closet into a "toy chest". I keep completely different toys up there, open up the door and let them play while changing diapers, getting them dressed, changing sheets, putting away clothes. Lately, I have been finding odd stuff while cleaning. Namely pacifiers. Which leads me to..........
We stopped giving pacifiers at 11 months. 3 months ago! Our goal was to phase out pacifiers and bottles at 1 year. However, we kept losing the pacifiers. We were constantly looking for them. "have you seen the purple paci?" "where did Trent put the Orange paci?" We got to the point where we had lost 10 paci's. Or the kids put them some where. We were down to the ones from the hospital. So we said, forget it, no more. Cold turkey, Trent went to bed with out his paci. And he was fine. Verona didn't really NEED it, she always spit it out during bedtime and nap. And because they both had teeth, they spent more time CHEWING on the paci then actually sucking on it. The problem, is I have been finding paci's over the past few weeks. I pulled out the changing table in their room to vacuum and found a blue one. In between their cribs is a canvas box that holds burp cloths/snot rags. Yesterday Trent spit up in the morning and I found another blue one in the canvas box. I found a pink and a purple one behind one of the couches a few weeks ago.
I have noticed that some mom's are sad about putting away baby clothes. Last night while folding their laundry I realized I can't wait for them to grow up. I can't wait to have conversations with them, and talk with them. And folding tiny pairs of pants are a pain. Andy wants them to wear clothes that only have snaps and zippers. I don't' think we want a 12 year old wearing a onesie to school. I am over onesie's. I only put onesie's on them when they go to daycare. Is that bad? They are a pain, I have to pull down their pants AND undo the snaps to get to the diaper,plus I have to do this TWICE! I keep the separate tops and bottoms for us and put them in the complicated clothing for daycare. I am terrible, but it makes it so much easier when you are by yourself with them.
I think this is a good stopping point.I am going to try and figure out how to "mobile blog". There may be more blogs in the future if I can learn how to!
No comments:
Post a Comment