The Parent Trap

.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I am 16 going on...............

So I had my 16 week appt a few weeks back. (I was on vacation and too busy packing to write). My regular dr. had to perform some sort of surgery. So another dr. from the practice did my check up. She was so sweet. Did the usual "how you feeling, what are you eating, are you exercising", my annswers "fine, everything, but vegetables, and I walk lots". So then she got out this little machine that has a speaker on one end, and a prober type item on the other to hear the heartbeat(s). I say singular because last time my dr. said it would be difficult to tell them apart since they are twins, yada yada. This sub dr said " We can try and hear them both, you never know".

So she started on my right side, and Twin A was a beating away. Then I heard this SWOOSH sound. She said it was movement. Like a dolphin swishing it's tail in the sea, sonar picks up that sound. Similar, but Twin A is in a much smaller sea. Twin A was moving like crazy, but still to early for me to feel anything.

She moved over to my left side. Twin B's heartbeat was CRAZY fast!! Not abnormal she said, but much faster then Twin A. But B wasn't really moving at all.

Now this leads me to my 12 week ultrasound. Andy and I decided to take part in California's Pre Natal Screening. The tests are genetic testing of my blood and the kids. All of the results are given to the State Dept of Health for research. If this can help researchers than we were on board. So my 12 week ultrasound was about measuring the neck of the kids to make sure that it wasn't too thick. Apparently this is how you can tell if a fetus has spinia bifida, down syndrome, and a few other disabilities. When the tech was doing the ultrasounds, Twin A would NOT hold still. Kept moving all over the place and she wasn't able to get a measurement for some time. Finally A cooperated. Twin B on the other hand was having a siesta. Lying perfectly in a left profile position.

My mom has taken this to mean that Twin A is me,and Twin B is Andy. And now they both think I am having one boy and one girl. Hmmmmm.

I have my next ultrasound appt in a few weeks. We have to make sure and tell the tech that we do NOT want to know what we are having. We are enjoying not finding out what we are having. I find myself saying "him,he" sometimes, but I don't think anything of it. I would like 2 girls only to watch Andy go weak at the knees and be so out of his element. The though of 2 boys is overwhelming to me, but I know that I could hose em' off outside instead of giving them a bath if they are dirty. As for one of each, all I can think of is puberty. One of each, going through puberty. I would die. Andy would die. Each of them crushing on the other's friend or something? Oh man. I am so not ready for puberty.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are already preparing for puberty...You crack me up! But i would be over analyzing everything, too. I'm betting on two baby girlies. Only cause I think everyone should have two baby girls...even at the same time.
    Loves to you Syd...thanks for sharing this journey with us.
    -Tinell

    ReplyDelete