The Parent Trap

.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Big Kid Bed!

Do you remember moving into your "big" bed? For me, I remember having a twin bed at around 3 years old. My parents got me a 4 poster bed that had a canopy. I loved that bed. I felt like a princess. We have moved the twins into "big kid" beds. And by big kid I mean, we converted their cribs into toddler beds.

Verona kept climbing out of her crib and usually visiting Trent or leaving their room.  Trent would swing one leg up on his crib, but would chicken out and not climb down.  We transitioned Verona first. She LOVES her bed! She took to having a pillow pretty easily. Andy's Aunt Terri found these travel pillows and she made little pillow cases for them from material she had from Eric Carle's "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  I thought I had a pic of her bed after I put the sheets and comforter on for the first time, but I guess now.

Instead here are some pictures of her "sleeping" and then really sleeping. 

 



These are fuzzy because it was late at night and with my phone.  She used to
get out of bed and we would find her in these strange spots. 






Trent chickening out.




Trent's big boy bed. The lovey you see is Ribbit. He doesn't go ANYWHERE with out Ribbit.  



 Poor Trenton. Verona would always climb into his crib once she got her big girl bed.  We figured once he got his big boy bed it would stop.  It's worse.  She shoved him down to the bottom of his bed and takes over. We keep telling him to take control of his own bed, but he sits there and gives her the side eye instead. 

We are s-l-o-w-l-y transitioning their room from a nursery to an older kid room.  I have taken down their baby quilts, the dust ruffles off their bed, and some of the nursery cross stitch pictures, but only because they can throw their animals and hit the pictures.  We aren't doing a "theme", mainly because they are b/g and share a room. We are just doing complimentary colors.  I found this lady on Etsy who made their name out of stiff fabric letters and the colors each match their comforters.  I never had a theme bedroom or theme characters. Maybe when they are older they can pick something out.  For now they love their room and enjoy hiding in the closet, pulling out every book and having us read as many as we can before bed, jumping on their beds, and brushing and combing our hair. We did get them to still still for 5 seconds last week.





I love summer pajamas! See how
Ribbit always seems to make it into every shot?


No comments:

Post a Comment